Pages

Friday 1 June 2012

Tim Holtz

Dear All

Yippee an extra long weekend thanks to this fabulous lady. I have to say a big WOW to her..... 60 years doing the same job and what a great one she has done. The whole of our cul-de-sac in leafy Cobham is covered in bunting and flags and looks so pretty. I am an unabashed whole hearted royalist, which is hardly surprising given is was born within the shadow of Windsor Castle! The whole highstreet is also covered in flags and quite a number of the streets will be closing at noon for street parties. Dean my partner is quite the opposite so I have agreed a compromise from all the festivities with a morning at the GlitterPot Summer Spectacular and an afternoon down on the south coast walking the dog. But when he slopes off to a soggy game of cricket on Sunday I will be a full patriot and glued to all the festivities.
So back to business with a few photos of the cards I have been making down at the Glitter Pot with the girls. These cards were made using the lush dies from the King of craft himself Tim Holtz.






I just love these colours and the bird cage has been covered in the Frantage embossing Enamel - Aged Rose

This one uses the On the edge die - Doily, which is beautiful when it works and an real pain if you don't get the right shim. I love the way it looks when its layered and these colours are so elegant.


This card uses the Movers and Shakers Die - Dream, which was really tricky to cut through the base card, but it looked so good when shadowed with the Jacaranda blue Bazzill card stock. The paper is antique script and the paper is the beautiful new forget-me-not paper from Magnolia.The stamp is an individual TH stamp - Flutter and is overlaid by the bird from the Caged Bird die.


Finally I think this is my fav of the day and uses the Sewing Room die and the On the Edge Die - Sewing Edge. The colour combination is so me and using the silver card candy really makes the silver mirri card sissors more real. The Tim Holtz Alterations - Texture Fades Embossing Folders - Pattern & Stitches Set, which has been distressed with Black Soot.

Well thats all for now

More over the weekend

Hugs



No comments: