Pages

Monday 20 April 2009

Easter fun and family

Well its a while since my last post, but to be honest in my defence I have been a busy little (Easter) bunny. For the last week I have had my parents to stay, which is always lovely as they live over 250 miles away and I don't get to see them too often.

I took my Mum out on the Good Friday to do a couple of classes at the Glitter Pot as part of her Mothers day present. The class was one run by Gaynor White who uses decoupage to fantastic effect. I have to say that this is not a technique I have used before and I primarily booked the class as a treat for my Mum, but the cards were such fun to make and the way she manages to transform a simple stamp into something so dimensional using just stamping and layering with patterned papers is definitely a technique I would use again.

Card 88 of 365 (well it looks like I will have count every card to make my target! LOL)



Recipe: Stamps: Magenta Cling Set - Garden Flower Tile Papers: Core'dinations - Dandelion, Bazzill Embossed Card - Vintage Vines - Ruby Slipper, Doodlebug - Snowdrift, Pebbles Inc Double Sided Paper - Basics Spring Green Flower/Dot Embellishments: Ladybird (Gaynors stash), Distress Stickles - Peeled Paint & Stickles - Stardust Other items: Friskars border punch, Glossy accents

We popped off to the local pub for a hearty lunch of Scampi and chips (well you can't diet on a Bank Holiday. It's the rules isn't it?). Then back for a little retail therapy in the shop and onto part two of the day.

This time Gaynor used a new Woodware stamp, which I would never have thought to use in this manner, but as you can see it is fabulous.


Card 89:365

Recipe: Stamps: Woodware - Mary & Friends, Penny Black - Clique, Hero - Bold Flourish Papers: Doodlebug, Pebbles & Bazzill Basics. Other: Ink Memento - Sky Blue, Stickles - Stardust
All available from The Glitterpot

Easter Sunday was spend crafting again as the boys had all gone off to watch the Rugby so Mum and I did some stamp swapping and I made a few cards as below.

Card 90:365 (& 91:365 as I made two from the same recipe, but assembled it differently)





This one was for my Dad's birthday which was on the 16th. He has just retired and for Xmas my Mum bought him an electric guitar (is she mad!), So I thought these stamps were pretty appropriate and beats the usual rugby and cricket fall backs I usually make!


I had great fun with this as the papers just seem to lend themselves to this design and I know I will definitely use these stamps again for male cards.


Recipe:
Stamps: Inkadinkado - Rock Star


Papers: Basic Grey - Archaic, Cream card - Craft work cards, bazzill - Java Other: Cuttlebug embossing folders - D'vine swirls & Diamonds in the rough, Craftwork Cards Card Candy - Chocolate Drops



Toodle pips for now

Sara

No comments: