Pages

Tuesday 15 September 2009

Metal magic

Evening

I'm still playing catch up with all my antics so I thought I would tell you about my recent foray into using metals, a medium I have never really used before. The Craft Barn stocks an extensive range of 10 second studio metal tools and metal sheets. In order to understand what each tool does I enlisted on a beginners workshop with Carol Cann. In the morning we made a sampler using all of the tools, a variety of different types of metals and techniques.

In the afternoon we were given a large Cooks Match box and let loose with all our newly learnt techniques. Here is my take with a twist...

The sides have been stamped using the Paper Artsy stamps - Bricks and Mortar 2 and distressed inks the inner section has been glimmer misted in reds and gold.
I was so inspired that when my neighbour asked me to make a birthday card with the infamous Chanel 2.55 bag I knew exactly what I was going to do and boy did I have fun with this...
I used some black metal which once distressed showed the silver underneath and created a bit of a leather look, by using a paper stump on the other side of the metal I was able to create the appearance of the quilting, which I thought was actually pretty effective and I don't think I would have been able to create with paper.

I mounted the metal onto gold card using pinflair glue and on the inside used a Rubber Romance Stamp decorated with diamante.


I was thoroughly pleased with the result and the recipient Katherine has framed it to take back to College. What more of a complement could you get. Unfortunately the photos were a little fuzzy as I was in a hurry to hand them over.

Another catch up tomorrow

Ciao

Sarax

No comments: