Pages

Tuesday 12 May 2009

Birthdays and crafting - What a great combination

As I said on my previous postings I have been trying to get all my antics of the last week uploaded and failed three times so this is the last part of my post from the weekend. I have quite a number of birthdays this week and so have been busy trying to get together a pile of cards so I don't get caught on the hop so to speak. (non seasonal pun intended!)
Saturday I took my friend Hilary to a Jane Gill class at the Glitter Pot, which was great fun albeit there was a huge amount of cutting out which she was not happy about we did a great card using the Hero Clear Design - Printed Flowers stamps. (115/365)

I will link to the card on Jane's site once she has loaded it.

Afterwards we went off to another friends house for a party for her daughter who was four. We managed to arrive just as all the kids were worn out or leaving (what a shame LOL). Anna was having a great time and loved our present which was a big box of crafting goodies I had put together to start her on the right way forward.

We had a fantastic evening sitting around chatting to people that I hadn't seen for ages, but it was a little curtained as I got a call from Dean to say he had managed to take a bounce into his face when playing cricket and had just got back from the hospital. Fortunately they managed to glue and steri strip the cut, but he has a lovely shiner developing now!

Sunday was free so I managed to get our in to the garden for a while, but although it was sunny it got quite cold later on allowing me to sneak off and do some crafting for a little while.

I had a packet of acetate cards, which I had sitting in my stash for ages and this stamp just looked so good on a smaller layout.

Recipe: 116/365

Stamps: Penny Black - Squeeze 'til I squeak & Scrolling along!, Alota - Happy birthday to you, Woodware - Jane's script.

Paper: Single Fold acetate Card Blanks, Bazzill Bling - Hollywood and bank roll

Other: Embelishment - Craftwork cards, Stickles - diamond, White stazon, Watercolour pencils

Recipe: 117/365

Stamps: Penny Black - Squeeze 'til I squeak,

Other: Bazzill Bling - Emerald City & In The Pink, Cuttlebug - Bloom dots, The Robin's Nest dew drops - Poinsettia, papermania ribbon - Pretty Pink Floral, Birthday wishes from Craftwork cards, Ink Colorbox Queue - Tulip Field, H2O's - can't remember the colours, Green square card from stash.

Phew, well that just about wraps it up. All that precious crafting time wasted......

So its toodle pip for now - have to dash to get to my aerobic class

Sara

x

No comments: