Pages

Sunday 10 January 2010

New Beginnings



Evening all                                                                 I know its a bit late to be writing about my new years resolutions but I have not been able to get into my crafting mojo zone this year.                                                           I think the fact that Dean has been away in SA since Xmas day, all this cold and snow and a little bit of a nasty sniffle have all combined to give me a bit of the winter blues.                                                          I don't really do resolutions as I find the whole thing a bit negative so on day 9 of 2010 I have agreed a few goals for myself that I would like to achieve over the next 12 months.    

 - Double the number of posts on my blog this year.                                         
 - Learn a new interest. (last year was knitting even if it was only a couple of scarves!)
 - Finish the renovations on my house. (only been waiting 7 years!)
 - Get to grips with my photo editing suite
 - Weigh less at the end of the year than the start! (doesn't everyone!)
 

 So to start the year off in the right frame I have loaded some of the little fridge lists that I made for some of my friends and family this Xmas. They all follow the same design and are basically mount board covered with these delish My Mind's Eye Double Sided Paper - Be Loved. I have then attached a Gorjuss girl, which has either been coloured with copics or  paper pieced. Each one has different wording dependant on the recipient. I am entering these into two challenges,  Papertake Weekly and Stampin' for the weekend which both have a theme of 'new beginnings'
 The memo pads were from WH Smith & I just cut off the front cover and stuck them on. On the back I have stuck three strips of magnetic tape so it can attach to the fridge.

Last but not least I have included my basket of goodies, which were used as prizes when we played games over the festive period.  They are small bags of sweets or bath treats, which are tied with ribbon and sealed with a stamped paper tag. On the back of each tag is a little message which was in keeping with the image on the front. ie snow man kisses, reindeer droppings or santa wishes.

 Ingredients: Stamps: Gorjuss girl- Little miss attitude from Funky Kits Papers: My Mind's Eye Double Sided Paper - Be Loved - Smitten Stripes, Dearest Dots, Lovely Loops. Magnetic Tape all from The Glitter Pot. Die cut letters by Go Create - Skipton from click on crafts  

Thanks for looking

Hugs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a super idea for Christmas pressies - an idea for next year! Gill xx

Mummylade said...

Gorgeous and a great idea. Thank you for joining the STFW challenge this time and good luck!